Wednesday, August 24, 2005

I'm in love with paisley ties again, let me look into those eyes again...

You'll have to forgive the nepotism here, but I was very pleased to discover today that the debut album by The Dentists, catchily entitled Some People Are On The Pitch They Think It's All Over It Is Now, celebrates its twentieth anniversary with a CD reissue on the Rev-Ola label.
Thanks to the fact that one member of the band was my uncle (well, he still is, but he's not in the band any more) I have a copy of the original LP, as given to my mum when it originally came out. I was inspired to play it tonight and - whilst I can hardly claim to be unbiased - I think it stands up very well. And there's none of the big thudding drums you get on other records from 1985 either.

The new remastered edition - now including the single 'Strawberries Are Growing In My Garden (And It's Wintertime)' - is available from
Amazon UK for pre-order.

1 Comments:

At 12:08 pm, Blogger beatroot said...

This is a British band? 1966? They think it's all over.." Geof Hurst, Bobby Charlton et al? Jumpers for goal posts?

Thanks for Lukashenko email...I sent him a nice letter, including some hair care tips and suggestions.

What's with the spam? Dunno. I sarted beatroot a few months ago to put stuff I had written elsewhere and try out a few ideas and HTML etc. But blogging is about more than that. So, now and again I venture into the political blogs and leave postings, as one does. Then I completely forget who I posted...so I think I must have gone on some dodgey ones. But what to do about the spam? Contact Blogger?

Cheers!

 

<< Home