Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Mice All Over

A few days ago, an old post on Google Groups called my attention to a fascinating-sounding book called Mice All Over by Peter Crowcroft. Apparently it's a study of the behaviour of mice in the wild, and every review I've found (a couple of examples are here and here) agrees that it's well-written and charming. Unfortunately, it's also long out of print (yes, you can buy it secondhand, but it's the principle of the thing).

It occurred to me that this is exactly the sort of book that
Dover was designed to rescue, so I suggested it to them today. I have no idea how seriously they take such suggestions, but we shall see.

Peter Crowcroft's son Simon has started a
memorial page for him.; it seems he had quite an eventful life, including a brief marriage to Miss Tasmania.

0 Comments:

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home