Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Bookworm on Radio Polonia

Today I discovered the Bookworm programme on Radio Polonia's English-language service. The programme features readings and dramatisations from Polish literature both old and new (in translation, of course). I particularly recommend the excerpt from Stanislaw Lem's satire The Use of a Dragon, which is read in a style that sounds just like a current-affairs programme on Radio 4.

I was about to say how much I liked the show's logo; then I hit Refresh and found that in the last ten minutes, the webmasters had changed it! Fortunately, I managed to get the old graphic from Google's cache and can share it with you:



In general, it's quite an attractive site. I hope they don't replace these two graphics anytime soon.

0 Comments:

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home