Thursday, March 31, 2005

Public service announcement

Of course, I have opinions on the sad story of Terri Schiavo. But there's already been so much commentary -- not to mention disgraceful behaviour by people on both sides of the issue -- that I'm reluctant to add to the cacophony. There is, however, one lesson we can all learn from this terrible saga, and I don't think it can be highlighted too often.

Mrs Schiavo didn't have a chance to make her wishes clear, but you have. Many people think of a
Living Will as an instruction to pull the plug; in reality, the document can just as easily tell doctors to keep you alive, or specify that you want treatment in some circumstances but not others. Do it now and you could save your loved ones -- and society -- a great deal of trauma. Forms are available from The Natural Death Centre, among other places.

2 Comments:

At 2:04 pm, Blogger Michelvis said...

Thanks, Laura, very useful links. I shall be taking a look at these to try and prevent this ever happening to me.

 
At 2:04 pm, Blogger Michelvis said...

Thanks, Laura, very useful links. I shall be taking a look at these to try and prevent this ever happening to me.

 

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home