Wednesday, February 16, 2005

In memoriam

I was setting up this web page when the phone rang with very sad news. My aunt, Amy Henry, died today after lapsing into a coma. She had been ill for many years, but no one had expected her sudden turn for the worse.

Amy was one of the kindest and most generous people I knew. She and my uncle were the first relatives of mine that Chris met when he visited the United States. No one could have done more to make him feel welcome.

Eternal rest grant to her, O Lord,
and let perpetual light shine upon her.
May she rest in peace.

1 Comments:

At 11:06 pm, Blogger Chris Brown said...

Even though I only got to meet Amy a couple of times, I was always impressed by her kindness, especially to a stranger like me. I still wear the jumpers she gave me for Christmas that year.

We'll miss her.

 

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home